Supplement 1. Annotated INLA code for the model with snow cover extent from 1967–2010.
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
INLA_code.R (MD5: 68c372169a851d7616d30172ce203f50)
ss_model_inla.csv (MD5: 3b3bf472211df425134b22e33dbac549)
INLA_code.R is an R script file to analyze scaup pair abundance using a Gompertz state-space model containing a covariate for snow cover extent. This script assumes that the INLA package has been downloaded from http://www.r-inla.org. The data set (ss_model_inla.csv) should be in the working directory when running this code.
ss_model_inla.csv is a comma-separated text file containing the scaup dataset. Column definitions are:
- y: counts from each stratum in each year from BPOP aerial survey
- stratum: each stratum number, adjusted for analysis in INLA, where ‘1’ = Stratum 13 as defined by the BPOP survey, ‘2’ = Stratum 14, ‘3’ = Stratum 15, ‘4’ = Stratum 16, ‘5’ = Stratum 17, and ‘6’ = Stratum 18
- year: year since beginning of survey (1955)
- stand.snow: standardized covariate for snow cover extent
- N: number of segments flown in each stratum each year